Help Adjusting to or Coping with a Chronic Medical Condition
It is estimated that more than 100 million Americans suffer with some sort of chronic medical condition.
These conditions have debilitating and exhausting psychological co-conditions such as fatigue, anger and frustration, among others. The effects can be far reaching beyond the one suffering, as well – personal and professional relationships, work productivity and parenting can all negatively be impacted.
And though coping with a chronic condition often is difficult, it is not impossible.
Using evidence-based treatment methods, I will help you develop a individualized plan that might include:
- Identifying what you value
- Recognizing, challenging, and reframing negative thoughts
- Using assertive communication with doctors and family members
- Increasing social support
- Incorporating mindfulness and relaxation strategies
- Scheduling activities that you care about
Knowing you are not alone is an important part of the healing process.
I will help you through every stage of this journey to help you to be proactive and action-oriented in getting your health needs met.